ESG Positive Impact Awards (“Award”) is organised by STAR MEDIA GROUP BERHAD (Company No.: 197101000523 (10894-D) (“Organiser”).
Entry to the Award is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and agreement to be bound by them.
The Organiser reserves the rights, at its sole discretion to cancel, amend, add or remove any portions of the terms and conditions from time to time without any prior notice thereof. Any amendments and/or changes will be uploaded onto the Award’s website at https://staresgawards.com.my/ (“Website”) and the participants are therefore encouraged to visit the Website from time to time to view any amendments and/or changes to the terms and conditions.
Qualified Submitting Organisations
- Entry to the Award is by way of completing the online submission form only.
- Entry to the Award is by way of completing the online submission form only.
- The Award recognises the sustainability and ethical impact of an organisation’s activities. For details on the selection criteria and categories of Award, please visit the Website.
- There is no limitation to the number of submissions one (1) organisation can put forward.
- The Organiser and panel of judges reserve the right to re-assign any submission to other categories of the Award as and when the Organiser and panel of judges deem fit and necessary, the decision of which shall be final and no appeal shall be entertained.
- Submission forms must be submitted through the Website. Submission forms posted or couriered to the Organiser’s office will not be processed and will be automatically disqualified.
- Submission forms shall be submitted to the Organiser between 12 September 2023 (GMT00:00) and 27 May 2024 (GMT23:59) (“Submission Period”). Submission forms received out of the Submission Period will be disregarded.
- The Organiser will not be held responsible for any submission forms that are lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Organiser will vet, verify and may undertake further background checks on the submissions received to determine their authenticity.
- Shortlisted organisations may be contacted for media interviews, materials collection and marketing promotions and activities at no additional costs to the Organiser.
- By responding to the Organiser’s request for additional information during the background checking process, the shortlisted organisations hereby warrant that all information submitted to the Organiser is true, accurate, current and complete.
- Shortlisted organisations will undergo a few rounds of judging by panels of judges appointed by the Organiser.
- Ernst & Young does not participate in any judging decision and should not make any comments designed to influence the judging process.
- The Organiser and a panel of judges (collectively, “Judges”) will select winners for the Award. Please visit the Website to view the description of each Award category, judging criteria and details of the prizes. The Organiser reserves absolute discretion to review and/or amend the Award category(ies) if there are insufficient submissions and changes (if any) will be posted onto the above Website.
- Judges’ decisions are final and no appeal will be entertained.
- Winners may be notified by phone or email and may be required to submit additional information and supporting documents. If a winner fails to respond to the notification after three (3) attempts, the Organiser shall have the right to select the next most deserving organisation from the judging results as replacement winner.
- All winners must take part in any post Award event and publicity, whereby the format, venue and time will be determined by the Organiser without additional compensation.
- Winners of the Award will be announced to the public tentatively in July 2024 or any other date as may be notified by the Organiser.
Liability and Responsibility
- Participating organisations hereby expressly, unconditionally and irrevocably authorise the Organiser to use any and/or all the materials, photos and information submitted herein (collectively, “Materials”) for marketing campaigns, including but not limited to using and/or sharing the Materials with any third parties in network media, print media, printings, photography exhibitions, retail stores, road shows, digital content, out of home media and other marketing activities without further reference and/or payment to the participating organisations.
- Materials submitted must not infringe any intellectual property right of a third party including, in particular but without limitation, any patents, copyrights, registered designs or rights of confidence or property or personal right or right of privacy, the moral rights of any third party or other right of any person or libel or slander any person and/or company.
- Winners must abide by these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions attached to the prizes (if any).
- While the Organiser will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the Website, the Organiser makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any winners / participating organisations who breach any of the terms herein or have acted fraudulently in any way or if there is a material misstatement or omission.
- The participating organisations shall fully indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser and its subsidiaries (as defined under the Companies Act, 2016), its partners, its service providers and agents who are involved in the Award against any and/or all losses, liabilities, costs, claims, charges, expenses, actions or demands (including legal costs), whether direct or indirect arising out of a breach of these terms and conditions.
Right of the Organiser
- The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to review and vary the prizes, and the winners’ selection process contained herein without prior notice or consent.
- If this Award is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, then the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the terms and conditions for this Award, modify the Award, suspend, terminate or cancel the Award, as appropriate, without prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, the participating organisations shall not be entitled to any claim against the Organiser for any and/or all losses or damage suffered or incurred as a result of the cancellation, termination or suspension of the Award by the Organiser.
Warranties and Representations
- The Organiser expressly exclude and disclaim any representations, warranties or endorsement, implied or expressed, written or oral, of the prizes offered under the Award, including but not limited to any warranty of quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, health and safety (where applicable). All risks, loss, damage and/or injury associated with the use of the prize shall be assumed by the winners.
- By participating in this Award, the participating organisations acknowledge and agree that the Organiser excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes and/or the Award. The participating organisations shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in the Award, redemption and/or usage of the prizes, and the Organiser shall not be held responsible for any of the above mentioned.
Personal Data Information
- The Personal Data Protection Act, 2010 (“PDPA”) governs the processing of the personal data (“Personal Data”) by the Organiser. This notice is to inform that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organiser.
- Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) provided by the participating organisations for the Award shall belong to the Organiser and the participating organisations shall procure the data subjects’ consent to permit the Organiser to use, publish or feature their pictures (which may include their names, statements about Award or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to any of the Organiser’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials connected to Award.
- Transfer: The Personal Data submitted herein will be kept confidential by the Organiser but the participating organisations shall obtain the express consent of the data subjects for the Organiser to transfer or disclose their Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia for the purposes set out in Clause 2 above:
- Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser;
- The Organiser’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organiser in relation to Award (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call center providers, gift redemption centers or data entry companies);
- Any affiliates of the Organiser;
- Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organiser is under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
- Access: The data subjects have the right to request access to and to request correction of their Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of the data subjects under the PDPA.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and the parties hereby expressly agree to subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
- For further information, please email your enquiries to email@example.com.